Experienced Avionics Technician
Headquartered at the Henderson Executive Airport (KHND) in Southern Nevada, Apex Aviation is a FAA approved Part 145 Repair Station serving the corporate and general aviation industries. Highly qualified factory trained Technicians provide aircraft maintenance, repair, avionics and installations for turbine, piston and rotor aircraft. We work on every make and model of aircraft. As part of the Apex Aviation team, you would be working on the entire aircraft and effectively troubleshooting various corporate jet aircraft. If you are looking to join a small team and really make a difference, now is your chance!
Apex Aviation is currently hiring for a Experienced Avionics Technician.
Seeking Experienced Avionics Technician with greater than 3 years experience in troubleshooting, repair, and installations of avionics equipment. Must have a working knowledge of test equipment (IFR-4000, IFR-6000, Air Data Test Set, etc.), and procedures associated with General Aviation avionics on different platforms - Garmin, Bendix/King, Honeywell, Collins etc., as installed on different airframes. This is a fast-paced work environment that performs repairs and installations on platforms from a Turboprop King Air up to a Boeing BBJ, with everything in between. Technician must require minimal training to be considered. Knowledge of FAA Regulatory paperwork is a plus.
The ideal candidate should have thorough knowledge of Garmin avionics systems architecture and be capable of following electrical schematics. This position requires exceptional customer service attitude, teamwork skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work well with other service departments.
We offer very competitive salaries based on experience and ability. Apex Aviation offers health insurance, a dental plan, 401(k), paid time off, public holidays, and more.
The position currently available for candidates who meet the following requirements:
- Minimum of 2 years of General Aviation or Corporate avionics and instrument installation
- Minimum of 1 year of experience with Garmin systems (G600, G1000, and G3000)
- Altitude reporting systems
- RVSM checks
- Pitot/static and transponder system testing
- Datalink Weather and Traffic Systems, GPWS, etc.
The following are preferred qualifications:
- Previous installation experience on various makes and models of MFD, GPS, Nav/Com
- Previous Honeywell, and L3 is experience a plus.
- Familiar with G600 installs, L3 trilogy, GTN750, GMX200, GTS820, & GTX33/32
Job Type: Full-time
- Garmin Avionics systems: 1 year (Required)
- General Aviation: 2 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid time off
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
Benefits include medical, dental and vision as well as a generous PTO program. Must be able to pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen.