Headquartered at the Henderson Executive Airport (KHND) in Southern Nevada, Apex Aviation is a FAA approved Part 145 Repair Station serving the corporate and general aviation industries. Highly qualified factory trained Technicians provide aircraft maintenance, repair, avionics and installations for turbine, piston and rotor aircraft. We work on every make and model of aircraft. As part of the Apex Aviation team, you would be working on the entire aircraft and effectively troubleshooting various corporate jet aircraft. If you are looking to join a small team and really make a difference, now is your chance!
Apex Aviation is currently hiring for a A&P Technician.
Experience with Cessna, Bombardier Global, Beechjet, Learjet, King Air, Gulfstream, Eclipse, Falcon, Challenger, would be preferred.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience to be considered:
• High School Diploma or GED required
• Possess a valid driver’s license
• Hold a valid FAA issued A&P Certificate
• Familiarity with Part 135, 145, 91 operations
• Assigns technicians to planned and unplanned aircraft maintenance on repair station and non-repair station aircraft.
• Ensures that all work performed complies with applicable technical data, FAA regulations and Apex policies and procedures.
• Ensures technicians aircraft maintenance documentation is executed in compliance with applicable CFR’s, company policies and procedures, and applicable maintenance manuals to include specific chapters.
• Complies with part ordering procedures per Apex policies.
• Expedites any part issues for the technicians.
• Responsible for the management of all technicians assigned to lead to include: performance management, coaching, counseling, training, etc. in conjunction with General Manager and Human Resources.
• Assists in the training and mentoring of AMT’s and Apprentices. Ensure training compliance for employees.
• Shares knowledge to other technicians to support their growth at Apex.
• Works closely with quality control to facilitate required inspections.
• Tow and taxi aircraft, and perform engine run-ups in accordance with applicable standards and procedures.
• Keeps immediate supervisor informed on actual work progress in areas of responsibility.
• Display proficiency with Corridor. Assists technicians with Corridor, technical data research, and time keeping.
• Maintains the hangar in a clean and orderly manner. • Adheres to tool calibration and shelf life policies.
• Promote a safe work environment per Apex policies and procedures.
• Performs all work tasks with a high level of quality and safety.
• Communicates effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Possesses solid people skills.
• Completes required training and maintains current required training as defined in Company Manuals.
• Ability to work in and support a team environment.
• Ability to work overtime as necessary.
• 5 plus years experience with general aviation maintenance is preferred.
• Possess good troubleshooting skills.
• Exercises good judgement with both team members and aircraft safety.
• Ability to read blueprints and schematics.
• Perform routine inspections.
• Understanding of the work order process and procedures.
• Ability to complete accurate paperwork.
• Ability to be flexible and quick to address issues.
• Familiarity with parts ordering and researching of part needed.
• Ability to work with little or no supervision if necessary.
• Be able to read, write and understand the English language.
• Be familiar with and able to interpret Manufacturer Manuals.
• Able to routinely lift 60 lbs. without reasonable accommodation.
• Some travel may be required, sometimes on short notice.
• Must set a positive tone in the team you lead and work to improve skills of the team.
• Other duties as assigned.
Benefits include medical, dental and vision as well as a generous PTO program. Must be able to pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen.